Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Music is What Feelings Sound Like: A Beautiful Video of Music Changing the Mind of Old Man


The function of music is to release us from the

tyranny of conscious thought


~Sir Thomas Beecham



Music has always touched me in an emotional way. The musical gene runs in my family, and run through my blood. Music has simply always had a way with me. I feel it, and comprehend it in a way I cannot express fully with words; it's just natural, I just get it. It’s not my many years of classical piano training. It’s something more. Music has the ability to reach me deep within my mind and soul.  Frankly, I cannot image a world without music. Life without any artistic expression would simply be dark.  




This video shows that music can temporarily reignite areas of the brain in a way no medication, rehabilitation, or medical support has been able to with some individuals. It seems the man in the video suffers in a world of darkness, and in an almost catatonic state most of time. But when he hears music from his past, he regains the light of life.

This brings tears to my eyes and is simply beautiful to watch.


Old Man in Nursing Home Reacts to Hearing Music From His Era


[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NKDXuCE7LeQ]








No comments:

Post a Comment